New Delhi: England's Ben Stokes on Sunday scored a fine counterpunching ton against South Africa in the 2nd Test at Cape Town.
The 24-year-old got to the three-figure mark in just 105 balls.
Stokes' third Test ton included included 16 fours and one six.
Here are five interesting facts from his record-breaking ton.
1) Ben Stokes' 100 off 105 balls is the fastest by an England batsman against South Africa in Tests.
2) The left-hander now ranks joint second (with Peter Parfitt) for the most Test tons by English left-handers from batting positions 6 to 11.
3) The all-rounder is the ninth England cricketer to score three or more centuries and also take 45 plus wickets in Tests.
4) Stokes' 150 came off 135 balls, the fastest by any England batsman in Tests.
5) He raced from 74 to 100 in 12 balls. His first 50 came off 70 balls and the second in 35.