Bhajji breaks into top 10 in ICC Rankings
New Delhi: India`s off-spinner Harbhajan Singh made into the top 10 in the latest ICC One Day rankings released on Sunday. He has moved into the ninth position.
Virat Kohli and Mahendra Singh Dhoni also climbed up the ladder with the Indian skipper moving one place up to eighth position, while Kohli moved to sixth.
England off-spinner Graeme Swann has been elevated to the top of the ODI bowling rankings. Swann, already second in the Test rankings, has climbed up the one-day ladder after his overall series figures of eight for 164 against Sri Lanka.
The 32-year-old has overtaken New Zealand`s Daniel Vettori, who had been top since September 2009.
The recent 3-2 lose to England in the ODI series reflected in Sri Lanaka`s standing as they dropped from third to fourth position in team rankings, behind South Africa, while England remain in fifth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations