Bhajji`s superb show, poor batting cost RCB CL T20: Vettori
Chennai: Royal Challengers Bangalore skipper Daniel Vettori said Mumbai Indians captain Harbhajan Singh`s economical three-wicket haul coupled with his own team`s poor batting cost RCB the Champions League Twenty20 title.
Set a target of 140, RCB collapsed to 108 in 19.2 overs due to Harbhajan (3/20) and Lasith Malina`s (2/23) fine bowling performance. Vettori lauded Harbhajan but rued his team`s poor batting.
"Obviously our batting has been the real strength in the tournament. We restricted them to 140 and thought we still had a good chance. It was a tougher wicket compared to the one that we played on in Bangalore. But we had our chances here tonight," Vettori in the post-match press conference.
"Unfortunately it did not work for us today. You can reflect the batting of both sides today and say that we batted poorly at times. Mumbai bowled exceptionally well and probably what Harbhajan did was the difference between the two teams performance today," he added.
Vettori also felt that it was a difficult wicket to bat on.
"When the pressure was there in the middle order, we did not respond as well. We slogged it on in the end. It was a difficult wicket to so and we look back on it with regrets about and inability in not having done," he explained.
Vettori rejected suggestions that the RCB were banking too heavily on their top-10 -- Tillakaratne Dilshan, Chris Gayle and Virat Kohli -- all of whom flopped last night.
"It is not a problem. The top three won the majority of games. Most teams have been successful because of the top three batsmen. That is the reason that we have done so well," he reasoned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video