Bids for new IPL franchise to be opened today
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mumbai: The Indian Premier League (IPL) governing council will meet today to open the bids for the ninth franchise that is up for grabs following Deccan Chargers termination from the cash rich cricket league.
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) had issued tenders inviting bids for 12 Indian cities that include Ahmedabad, Cuttack, Dharamsala, Hyderabad, Indore, Kanpur, Kochi, Nagpur, Noida, Rajkot, Ranchi and Vizag.
PVP Ventures, Noida-based Jaypee group and Ahmedabad-based Adani group are likely to be among the companies submitting their bid.
Last month, PVP Ventures earlier attempt to buy the now defunct Deccan Chargers were thwarted by the then owners Deccan Chronicle Holdings Ltd for unknown reasons.
The Board has made certain changes in its IPL rule concerning the teams that include complete right to terminate the contract if the franchise owner fails to pay the players. Also, whenever there is a change in their ownership structure, it has to be brought to the notice of the board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi