Big Bash: Scorchers penalised for slow over rate
Brisbane: The Big Bash T20 League (BBL) has penalised Perth Scorchers for a slow over rate in the match against Brisbane Heat at the Gabba Sunday night.
After time allowances were taken into consideration, the Scorchers were assessed to be one over behind at the end of the match.
Under the BBL playing conditions, each member of the Scorchers playing eleven will be fined $500. If the Scorchers accept the penalty without appeal, the fine will be reduced to $250.
Scorchers captain Simon Katich also received one strike. Another slow-over rate penalty incurred by the Scorchers this season while Katich is playing will result in his being automatically suspended for one match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Swedish court upholds Julian Assange arrest warrant
- IPL 9: Ashish Nehra undergoes knee surgery in London; cricketers wish for speedy recovery
- Left comeback in Kerala: Pinarayi Vijayan takes oath as 12th Chief Minister
- Kuch toh gadbad hai! CID taking a short break?
- Zydus Cadila gets USFDA's final nod for fungal treatment drug