Big Bash: Travis Birt reprimanded for venting anger
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) has reprimanded Hobart Hurricanes batsman Travis Birt for breaching the CA Code of Behaviour during his team`s Big Bash League match against Sydney Thunder at Blundstone Arena Sunday.
"Birt was charged under the Code of Behaviour Rule 1.1 - abuse cricket equipment or clothing, ground equipment or fixtures and fittings," said CA in a statement Monday.
The incident occurred when Birt hit the boundary marker with his bat when leaving the field after being dismissed.
After play, Birt acknowledged his guilt and accepted the penalty of an official reprimand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan