Big Bash: Travis Birt reprimanded for venting anger
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) has reprimanded Hobart Hurricanes batsman Travis Birt for breaching the CA Code of Behaviour during his team`s Big Bash League match against Sydney Thunder at Blundstone Arena Sunday.
"Birt was charged under the Code of Behaviour Rule 1.1 - abuse cricket equipment or clothing, ground equipment or fixtures and fittings," said CA in a statement Monday.
The incident occurred when Birt hit the boundary marker with his bat when leaving the field after being dismissed.
After play, Birt acknowledged his guilt and accepted the penalty of an official reprimand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh