Big Bash: Travis Birt reprimanded for venting anger
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) has reprimanded Hobart Hurricanes batsman Travis Birt for breaching the CA Code of Behaviour during his team`s Big Bash League match against Sydney Thunder at Blundstone Arena Sunday.
"Birt was charged under the Code of Behaviour Rule 1.1 - abuse cricket equipment or clothing, ground equipment or fixtures and fittings," said CA in a statement Monday.
The incident occurred when Birt hit the boundary marker with his bat when leaving the field after being dismissed.
After play, Birt acknowledged his guilt and accepted the penalty of an official reprimand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'