Big Bash: Travis Birt reprimanded for venting anger
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) has reprimanded Hobart Hurricanes batsman Travis Birt for breaching the CA Code of Behaviour during his team`s Big Bash League match against Sydney Thunder at Blundstone Arena Sunday.
"Birt was charged under the Code of Behaviour Rule 1.1 - abuse cricket equipment or clothing, ground equipment or fixtures and fittings," said CA in a statement Monday.
The incident occurred when Birt hit the boundary marker with his bat when leaving the field after being dismissed.
After play, Birt acknowledged his guilt and accepted the penalty of an official reprimand.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed