Big Bash: Travis Birt reprimanded for venting anger
Melbourne: Cricket Australia (CA) has reprimanded Hobart Hurricanes batsman Travis Birt for breaching the CA Code of Behaviour during his team`s Big Bash League match against Sydney Thunder at Blundstone Arena Sunday.
"Birt was charged under the Code of Behaviour Rule 1.1 - abuse cricket equipment or clothing, ground equipment or fixtures and fittings," said CA in a statement Monday.
The incident occurred when Birt hit the boundary marker with his bat when leaving the field after being dismissed.
After play, Birt acknowledged his guilt and accepted the penalty of an official reprimand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress