Biggest mistake of my life to sit with Sakshi Dhoni: Vindoo
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Vindoo Dara Singh, who was released on bail on Tuesday, pleaded innocence in front of the media and said he has never spoken to any cricketer about spot-fixing.
He added that CSK team Principal Gurunath Meiyappan was only his friend and even he was not involved in fixing.
He further said that sitting beside Sakshi Dhoni, wife of CSK and India captain MS Dhoni, was the biggest mistake of his life and that he feels sorry for her.
The actor added that Pakistan based umpire Asad Rauf was only his friend and said he was also not involved in fixing.
According to Vindoo, arrested jewelers Sanjay Jaipur and Pawan Jaipur are also not bookies.
Vindoo was arrested by the Mumbai Police on May 22 on charges of being in touch with bookies and facilitating the spot-fixing scandal that rocked Indian cricket.
Vindoo's interrogation had also led to the arrest of Gurunath Meiyappan, the son-in law of the then BCCI president N Srinivasan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Guess who? Angered by film failure, this actor breaks hotel furniture
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Turkey allows more patrol flights on Syria border by NATO allies: Official
- Video: How Wales's players celebrated rivals England's exit from the Euro 2016. Crazy!
- Anna Hazare unveils poster of his biopic