Biggest mistake of my life to sit with Sakshi Dhoni: Vindoo
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Vindoo Dara Singh, who was released on bail on Tuesday, pleaded innocence in front of the media and said he has never spoken to any cricketer about spot-fixing.
He added that CSK team Principal Gurunath Meiyappan was only his friend and even he was not involved in fixing.
He further said that sitting beside Sakshi Dhoni, wife of CSK and India captain MS Dhoni, was the biggest mistake of his life and that he feels sorry for her.
The actor added that Pakistan based umpire Asad Rauf was only his friend and said he was also not involved in fixing.
According to Vindoo, arrested jewelers Sanjay Jaipur and Pawan Jaipur are also not bookies.
Vindoo was arrested by the Mumbai Police on May 22 on charges of being in touch with bookies and facilitating the spot-fixing scandal that rocked Indian cricket.
Vindoo's interrogation had also led to the arrest of Gurunath Meiyappan, the son-in law of the then BCCI president N Srinivasan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen