Biggest mistake of my life to sit with Sakshi Dhoni: Vindoo
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Vindoo Dara Singh, who was released on bail on Tuesday, pleaded innocence in front of the media and said he has never spoken to any cricketer about spot-fixing.
He added that CSK team Principal Gurunath Meiyappan was only his friend and even he was not involved in fixing.
He further said that sitting beside Sakshi Dhoni, wife of CSK and India captain MS Dhoni, was the biggest mistake of his life and that he feels sorry for her.
The actor added that Pakistan based umpire Asad Rauf was only his friend and said he was also not involved in fixing.
According to Vindoo, arrested jewelers Sanjay Jaipur and Pawan Jaipur are also not bookies.
Vindoo was arrested by the Mumbai Police on May 22 on charges of being in touch with bookies and facilitating the spot-fixing scandal that rocked Indian cricket.
Vindoo's interrogation had also led to the arrest of Gurunath Meiyappan, the son-in law of the then BCCI president N Srinivasan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest