Mohali: Statistical highlights on the fourth day of the first cricket Test between India and Australia here on Monday.
* Zaheer Khan is the fifth Indian bowler to complete 250 wickets or more. He has joined the select band of Anil Kumble (619), Kapil Dev (434), Harbhajan Singh (362) and Bishan SinghBedi (266).
* Zaheer`s magnificent bowling figures of 8 for 137 (5/94
+ 3/43) are his best at home as well as against Australia.
* Zaheer`s previous best figures in a Test match against Australia were 6 for 137 at Bangalore in 2008-09.
*Zaheer`s performance is the best in a Test match by an Indian bowler against Australia at Mohali, bettering the 7 for 106 by Amit Mishra in October 2008.
*Ishant Sharma has earned a dubious distinction by bowling 15 no-balls -- the most in a Test match by him so far.
*Shane Watson is the first Australian player to register a century and a fifty in the same Test match at Mohali.
* Shane Watson has recorded a century and a fifty in the
same Test match for the second time. His first instance was against Pakistan - 93 & 120 not out at Melbourne last year and
126 & 56 against India at Mohali in the current Test.
* Watson`s tenth Test fifty is his second against India.
* Australia`s 192 is their lowest total at Mohali, outstripping the 195 in the second innings of the 2008-09 Test.
* Watson enjoys an excellent record at PCA Stadium, Mohali, aggregating 262 in four innings, including a hundred and two fifties at an average of 65.50 -- the best by an Australian at this venue.
* Simon Katich, during the course of his 37 off 118 balls, has completed his 4,000 runs in 53 Tests, aggregating 4024 at an average of 46.25 -- the 23rd Australian to achieve the feat.
* Michael Hussey is the 24th Australian to aggregate 4000 runs or more in Tests -- 4026 at an average of 50.32.
* The oldest Australian batsman to complete 4,000 runs in Tests is Michael Hussey, accomplishing the feat at 35 years and 130 days.
* Katich and Watson put on a 87-run stand for the first wicket at Mohali -- Australia`s best at this venue, outstripping the 49 between Katich and Matthew Hayden in October 2008.
* Ishant Sharma (3/34) has recorded his best bowling performance at Mohali.
* Gambhir has posted his third duck in Tests -- his first duck against Australia.
* Fourteen batsmen were dismissed on the fourth day of the Test match -- the most in a day`s play at Mohali.
* Bill Hilfenhaus has recorded his best bowling performance against India.