Bird confident of Oz Test recall after four-wicket haul in Big Bash
Sydney: Australian cricketer Jackson Bird fired a not-so-subtle reminder to national selectors on Friday night, dominating the Big Bash League opener in his return from a serious back injury, according to reports.
According to News.com.au, the lithe Melbourne Stars and Tasmanian paceman ripped the heart out of the Renegades batting with four top-order wickets in his first elite level game since leaving the Ashes tour in August with stress fractures.
No sooner had the dust settled on the Stars` emphatic 76-run win at the MCG, Bird turned his sights to next year`s South African Test tour, the report said.
He said that he was available for selection for all formats, adding that he has been bowling for eight weeks now.
He also said that if he can get through the Big Bash and stay fit, he could get a trip to South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site