Bishoo dropped, in-form batsman Fudadin gets the nod
Port of Spain (Trinidad): Guyanese batsman Assad Fudadin has been called up to the West Indies squad for the final Test against Australia in Dominica, starting Monday, while highly rated leg-spinner Devendra Bishoo was dropped.
The 26-year-old left-hander has been rewarded for a prolific first-class season, scoring 576 runs at an average of 48, to finish as the second highest run-scorer.
Vice-captain Kirk Edwards has been ruled out of selection due to injury again.
Fudadin, a West Indies A player, is a seasoned campaigner at first class level, having played nearly 50 matches, and chief selector Clyde Butts said he would be an asset to the West Indies side.
"Fudadin has been a member of the West Indies A team for a while now and we have seen signs of development and improvement in him," Butts said.
"This year he batted well in the regional four-day tournament, and made over 500 runs, including two centuries. He was very consistent in the middle-order. He can also bowl medium-pace and that is an asset."
Fudadin will join a West Indies side hunting victory next week in order to square the three-Test series.
The Windies lost the first game in Barbados by three wickets and rain forced a draw in the second Test which ended here Thursday.
Darren Sammy (captain), Adrian Barath, Carlton Baugh, Kraigg Brathwaite, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Narsingh Deonarine, Fidel Edwards, Assad Fudadin, Kieran Powell, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Shane Shillingford.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day