Bishoo dropped, in-form batsman Fudadin gets the nod
Port of Spain (Trinidad): Guyanese batsman Assad Fudadin has been called up to the West Indies squad for the final Test against Australia in Dominica, starting Monday, while highly rated leg-spinner Devendra Bishoo was dropped.
The 26-year-old left-hander has been rewarded for a prolific first-class season, scoring 576 runs at an average of 48, to finish as the second highest run-scorer.
Vice-captain Kirk Edwards has been ruled out of selection due to injury again.
Fudadin, a West Indies A player, is a seasoned campaigner at first class level, having played nearly 50 matches, and chief selector Clyde Butts said he would be an asset to the West Indies side.
"Fudadin has been a member of the West Indies A team for a while now and we have seen signs of development and improvement in him," Butts said.
"This year he batted well in the regional four-day tournament, and made over 500 runs, including two centuries. He was very consistent in the middle-order. He can also bowl medium-pace and that is an asset."
Fudadin will join a West Indies side hunting victory next week in order to square the three-Test series.
The Windies lost the first game in Barbados by three wickets and rain forced a draw in the second Test which ended here Thursday.
Darren Sammy (captain), Adrian Barath, Carlton Baugh, Kraigg Brathwaite, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Narsingh Deonarine, Fidel Edwards, Assad Fudadin, Kieran Powell, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Shane Shillingford.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!