Bishoo wants to make it big in international cricket
Gros Islet : West Indies leg-spinner Devendra Bishoo, who took four wickets in the team`s seven-run victory over Pakistan in the Twenty20 match Thursday, said his dream is to make it big in international cricket.
"I want to be a great cricketer for the West Indies. I don`t want to be just a regular cricketer in the West Indies team. I dream of great things and being great," said Bishoo, who won the Man of the Match award in his T20 International debut against Pakistan.
The West Indies made 150, with Lendl Simmons scoring 65 and Dwayne Bravo 42. The hosts then restricted Pakistan to 143/9. The 25-year-old Bishoo got four crucial wickets before a colourful crowd at the Beausejour Cricket Grounds.
"I enjoy all forms of the game - T20, ODIs and Test cricket. I want to be able to play all three formats of the game."
Looking back at the match he said: "This is my first match for the West Indies in the Caribbean and it feels great to win for the fans. This is a great feeling. They (fans) supported us and showed us love. It was good to play the way we did and give the fans something to celebrate."
The soft-spoken Bishoo was accurate and attacking when he bowled. He got the key wicket of Pakistan skipper Shahid Afridi and that turned the match the Windies way.
"All wickets are big wickets. I always back myself to do well. When I came on to bowl, I knew the team needed a good performance. I just tried to use my variations and changes of pace. It worked out well today and we are looking forward to the ODI series."
Pakistan will play five ODIs and two Tests during their tour of the West Indies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister