Black Caps win T20 series against England following rain-abandoned second game
Johannesburg: New Zealand has won the just-completed Twenty20 series against England 1-0, after the second T20 international had to be abandoned due to rain.
Although captain Brendon McCullum won the toss and elected to field against England in the game at a gloomy Oval on Thursday, only two balls were bowled before rain forced the covers to be kept drawn till the end of the match.
The star batsman Kevin Pietersen returned to England duty following a knee injury, and replaced stand-in captain Eoin Morgan, who led England on Tuesday in the absence of the rested Stuart Broad, after he was ruled out with a right hand injury.
Kent off-spinner James Tredwell captained England for the first time with left-arm spinner Danny Briggs, replacing seamer Chris Woakes, whose one over on Tuesday cost England 19 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India