Blow for England as Morgan ruled out of remaining ODIs
Southampton: England were dealt a blow after middle-order batsman Eoin Morgan was today ruled out of the remainder of the five-match ODI series against India due to a recurrent injury on his right shoulder.
Morgan`s injury, which he first suffered during England`s Ashes tour of Australia earlier this year, flared it up after the one-off Twenty20 International against India at Old Trafford last week.
"Eoin initially developed discomfort in his right shoulder during the Ashes tour in the winter and has been managing the injury until now with a conservative programme. Unfortunately, there has been an acute flare in his pain which has not responded to treatment," England team`s chief medical officer Nick Peirce said in a statement.
"This is a chronic injury and predominantly effects Eoin`s diving and throwing. He now requires a progression in his treatment and will undertake further specialist assessment in the next week before a decision on his forthcoming treatment will be determined," he added.
Morgan was a part of England`s playing eleven in the first ODI of the series at Chester-le-Street, which was washed out when the home team, chasing India`s 274, were tottering at 27 for two after 7.2 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth