Blow for England as Morgan ruled out of remaining ODIs
Southampton: England were dealt a blow after middle-order batsman Eoin Morgan was today ruled out of the remainder of the five-match ODI series against India due to a recurrent injury on his right shoulder.
Morgan`s injury, which he first suffered during England`s Ashes tour of Australia earlier this year, flared it up after the one-off Twenty20 International against India at Old Trafford last week.
"Eoin initially developed discomfort in his right shoulder during the Ashes tour in the winter and has been managing the injury until now with a conservative programme. Unfortunately, there has been an acute flare in his pain which has not responded to treatment," England team`s chief medical officer Nick Peirce said in a statement.
"This is a chronic injury and predominantly effects Eoin`s diving and throwing. He now requires a progression in his treatment and will undertake further specialist assessment in the next week before a decision on his forthcoming treatment will be determined," he added.
Morgan was a part of England`s playing eleven in the first ODI of the series at Chester-le-Street, which was washed out when the home team, chasing India`s 274, were tottering at 27 for two after 7.2 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why