Blow for Tigers as Shakib ruled out
Khulna (Bangladesh): Bangladesh all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan will miss the first two One-Day Internationals (ODI) of the five-match series against West Indies with a shin injury.
Team officials confirmed that the decision was taken to leave out the experienced 25-year-old after he underwent an MRI scan on his right tibia following the fourth day`s play of the second Test Saturday, reports CMC.
"We have decided that he will take no further part in the second Test match and will miss the two ODIs in Khulna," physiotherapist Vibhav Singh said in a statement.
"We will review his scan report with an orthopaedic specialist in Dhaka to decide the best management plan for Shakib."
Shakib featured prominently in the fourth day`s play, taking four for 151 with his left-arm spin in West Indies` first innings before scoring a shot-filled 97 in Bangladesh`s second innings.
A former captain, he was expected to be a key member of the Tigers line up in the shorter format.
The first two ODIs will be staged here at the Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium starting next Friday and continuing Dec 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown