BMC party leaders give nod to name sports complex after Sachin Tendulkar
Mumbai: The party group leaders in Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) today cleared the proposal to name the Kandivali Sports Complex after master blaster Sachin Tendulkar.
The Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) on October 21 had proposed to rename the sports complex as `Sachin Tendulkar Gymkhana`.
However, the Shiv Sena, which is at the helm of affairs in the BMC, had objected to the proposal saying proper procedure was not followed for naming the Complex.
On Wednesday, the MCA had sent a letter to mayor Sunil Prabhu seeking permission to name the Kandivali Sports Complex after the cricketing legend.
The proposal was today tabled in the group leaders` meeting, who gave their consent.
The proposal would next be tabled in the civic general body meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley