BMC party leaders give nod to name sports complex after Sachin Tendulkar
Mumbai: The party group leaders in Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) today cleared the proposal to name the Kandivali Sports Complex after master blaster Sachin Tendulkar.
The Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) on October 21 had proposed to rename the sports complex as `Sachin Tendulkar Gymkhana`.
However, the Shiv Sena, which is at the helm of affairs in the BMC, had objected to the proposal saying proper procedure was not followed for naming the Complex.
On Wednesday, the MCA had sent a letter to mayor Sunil Prabhu seeking permission to name the Kandivali Sports Complex after the cricketing legend.
The proposal was today tabled in the group leaders` meeting, who gave their consent.
The proposal would next be tabled in the civic general body meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi