Book on Tendulkar set to hit stands
New Delhi: A book featuring the statistical peaks scaled by cricketer Sachin Tendulkar during his glorious international career, is all set to hit the stands.
Titled `Sachin A Hundred Hundreds Now`, the book has an introduction by former India captain Rahul Dravid and a foreword by the Tendulkar`s first coach Ramakant Achrekar.
The book talks about every hundred, every peak scaled by Tendulkar on his way to the top.
Alongside, the book captures glimpses of the fast changing world around Tendulkar, and the two sportsmen whose lives and achievements in some ways mirror the Little Master`s: world chess champion Viswanathan Anand and tennis superstar Leander Paes.
On March 16, Tendulkar created history by becoming the first cricketer to score 100 international centuries.
He achieved the feat during India`s Asia Cup match against Bangladesh at Mirpur near Dhaka.
Written by veteran sports writer V Krishnaswamy, the book contains 286 pages.
Born in Kolkata and brought up in Delhi, Krishnaswamy has been a sports writer and commentator for 30 years. He has attended the last Olympic Games besides seven Asian Games, five Commonwealth Games and numerous regional events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez