Book on Tendulkar set to hit stands
New Delhi: A book featuring the statistical peaks scaled by cricketer Sachin Tendulkar during his glorious international career, is all set to hit the stands.
Titled `Sachin A Hundred Hundreds Now`, the book has an introduction by former India captain Rahul Dravid and a foreword by the Tendulkar`s first coach Ramakant Achrekar.
The book talks about every hundred, every peak scaled by Tendulkar on his way to the top.
Alongside, the book captures glimpses of the fast changing world around Tendulkar, and the two sportsmen whose lives and achievements in some ways mirror the Little Master`s: world chess champion Viswanathan Anand and tennis superstar Leander Paes.
On March 16, Tendulkar created history by becoming the first cricketer to score 100 international centuries.
He achieved the feat during India`s Asia Cup match against Bangladesh at Mirpur near Dhaka.
Written by veteran sports writer V Krishnaswamy, the book contains 286 pages.
Born in Kolkata and brought up in Delhi, Krishnaswamy has been a sports writer and commentator for 30 years. He has attended the last Olympic Games besides seven Asian Games, five Commonwealth Games and numerous regional events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Fardeen Khan SLAMS body shamers, hits back with an open letter—Read full text
- Meet the ladies of 'Housefull3' in a brand new POSTER—See inside
- Amitabh clears air about NDA's 2-year anniversary event, says only hosting segment on girl child campaign
- 'Banjo' motion poster: Watch the brilliant backdrop flavoured with powerful Indian beats!
- Five brilliant tips on age management!