Bopanna-Qureshi crash out of US Open
New York: India's campaign at the US Open ended after the fifth seeded Indo-Pak pair of Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi crashed out following a straight-set loss to the Polish pair of Marcin Matkowski and Maruisz Fyrstenberg in the men's double semi-final here.
At the end of an 82-minute battle, the sixth-seed duo from Poland got the better of the Indo-Pak Express 6-2, 7-6 (7-4).
Matkowski and Fyrstenberg, who defeated Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi in the quarterfinals, completely dominated in the first set, converting two of the three break points they got, besides getting 75 per cent of their second serve right as opposed to the 22 per cent of Bopanna-Qureshi.
However, the Indo-Pak pair, which had done well at Flushing Meadows having made it to the final last year, got their act together in the second set and managed to pose some threat, taking it to the tie-breaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?