Bopanna-Qureshi crash out of US Open
New York: India's campaign at the US Open ended after the fifth seeded Indo-Pak pair of Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi crashed out following a straight-set loss to the Polish pair of Marcin Matkowski and Maruisz Fyrstenberg in the men's double semi-final here.
At the end of an 82-minute battle, the sixth-seed duo from Poland got the better of the Indo-Pak Express 6-2, 7-6 (7-4).
Matkowski and Fyrstenberg, who defeated Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi in the quarterfinals, completely dominated in the first set, converting two of the three break points they got, besides getting 75 per cent of their second serve right as opposed to the 22 per cent of Bopanna-Qureshi.
However, the Indo-Pak pair, which had done well at Flushing Meadows having made it to the final last year, got their act together in the second set and managed to pose some threat, taking it to the tie-breaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Activists launch anti-Kim leaflets into North Korea
- Virtual Classrooms supplement nursing education in Bihar
- Katrina Kaif names her best friend and it’s NOT Salman Khan – Details inside
- Fox News chief Ailes resigns after sexual harassment claims
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Is this the worst ball ever bowled in international cricket?