Bopara may replace ‘injured’ Buttler
London: England batsman Ravi Bopara may get a berth in England squad if Jos Buttler is excluded due to an injury for the UAE series.
Buttler suffered an injury in his left hand during the final match of the Lions tour of Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, a daily reports.
The injury comes as a setback to England coach Andy Flower’s ambitions, who had earmarked this series as a possible fast track to the Test squad for the likes of Buttler to counter Pakistan’s attack.
Bopara gets a first chance to show that he should be the man promoted to the Test side next month in Sri Lanka after Pieterson’s promotion as an opener in the squad.
This would, however, not be easy as Pakistan is preparing to field not only Saeed Ajmal but probably three more spinners at England at the same Zayed Stadium where they collapsed to 72 all out to lose the second Test and the series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state