Bopara may replace ‘injured’ Buttler
London: England batsman Ravi Bopara may get a berth in England squad if Jos Buttler is excluded due to an injury for the UAE series.
Buttler suffered an injury in his left hand during the final match of the Lions tour of Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, a daily reports.
The injury comes as a setback to England coach Andy Flower’s ambitions, who had earmarked this series as a possible fast track to the Test squad for the likes of Buttler to counter Pakistan’s attack.
Bopara gets a first chance to show that he should be the man promoted to the Test side next month in Sri Lanka after Pieterson’s promotion as an opener in the squad.
This would, however, not be easy as Pakistan is preparing to field not only Saeed Ajmal but probably three more spinners at England at the same Zayed Stadium where they collapsed to 72 all out to lose the second Test and the series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report