Bopara, Samuels and Sammy fined over row
Barbados: England all-rounder Ravi Bopara and West Indian duo Darren Sammy and Marlon Samuels were all fined for their on-field confrontation on Sunday, the International Cricket Council (ICC) said on Monday.
The three players were found to have breached the ICC`s Code of Conduct during Sunday`s first Twenty20 International in Barbados, won by the West Indies.
Bopara was fined 25 per cent of his match fee while Sammy and Samuels were fined 20 and 10 per cent respectively. The ICC said no formal hearing was required after all three players pled guilty to the charges.
The confrontation took place in the 12th over of England`s innings when Bopara made insulting comments towards Samuels, who responded, according to the ICC statement.
Sammy joined in the spat, also trading insults with Bopara, before the on-field umpires Joel Wilson and Peter Nero intervened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it