Bopara stakes claim for inclusion in England Test squad
London: Indian origin England batsman Ravi Bopara has sent a clear message to the selectors to include in the test squad after claiming to be in the form of his life.
Bopara’s (82) helped England’s batting effort against Australia at The Oval and allowed them to take a 2-0 lead.
Victory at Edgbaston on Wednesday will clinch the five-match series with two games to spare.
A whitewash would lift England to top spot in the ICC rankings in all three forms of cricket, a newspaper reports.
Bopara is fighting with Jonny Bairstow and, possibly, a rejuvenated Eoin Morgan for the final batting spot, and his effort here did him no harm at all.
“I``m batting as well as I ever have. The few changes I have made over the last six months have really worked for me. This is probably the best side we``ve had in my time playing one-day internationals,” he said.
“The bowlers are performing well and someone in the top six always gets a big score. We have had an incredible amount of hundreds in recent games and the fielding has been excellent throughout,” Bopara said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- As Central India faces drought, violence and murders on the rise over water
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time
- Tripura Governor gets additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!
- 7th Pay Commission: 23.5% hike in salaries, minimum pay increased to Rs 18,000 per month; arrears to be paid this year