Bopara stakes claim for inclusion in England Test squad
London: Indian origin England batsman Ravi Bopara has sent a clear message to the selectors to include in the test squad after claiming to be in the form of his life.
Bopara’s (82) helped England’s batting effort against Australia at The Oval and allowed them to take a 2-0 lead.
Victory at Edgbaston on Wednesday will clinch the five-match series with two games to spare.
A whitewash would lift England to top spot in the ICC rankings in all three forms of cricket, a newspaper reports.
Bopara is fighting with Jonny Bairstow and, possibly, a rejuvenated Eoin Morgan for the final batting spot, and his effort here did him no harm at all.
“I``m batting as well as I ever have. The few changes I have made over the last six months have really worked for me. This is probably the best side we``ve had in my time playing one-day internationals,” he said.
“The bowlers are performing well and someone in the top six always gets a big score. We have had an incredible amount of hundreds in recent games and the fielding has been excellent throughout,” Bopara said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Patna's first mall 'P&M' may shut down soon: Report
- '10% rise in China apparel prices to create 1.2 million Indian jobs'
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams
- 40 cities to be selected in second round of smart city project: Govt
- Archery World Cup: Deepika Kumari makes quarterfinal exit as no Indian left in individual events