Bopara stakes claim for inclusion in England Test squad
London: Indian origin England batsman Ravi Bopara has sent a clear message to the selectors to include in the test squad after claiming to be in the form of his life.
Bopara’s (82) helped England’s batting effort against Australia at The Oval and allowed them to take a 2-0 lead.
Victory at Edgbaston on Wednesday will clinch the five-match series with two games to spare.
A whitewash would lift England to top spot in the ICC rankings in all three forms of cricket, a newspaper reports.
Bopara is fighting with Jonny Bairstow and, possibly, a rejuvenated Eoin Morgan for the final batting spot, and his effort here did him no harm at all.
“I``m batting as well as I ever have. The few changes I have made over the last six months have really worked for me. This is probably the best side we``ve had in my time playing one-day internationals,” he said.
“The bowlers are performing well and someone in the top six always gets a big score. We have had an incredible amount of hundreds in recent games and the fielding has been excellent throughout,” Bopara said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof