Botha says ‘information overload’ unsettling Oz spinner Lyon
Sydney: South Africa off spinner Johan Botha has said Australian Test spinner Nathan Lyon is currently suffering from information overload, and must clear his mind before first Test match against the Proteas at Gabba, starting November 9.
Lyon has taken only six wickets in three Sheffield Shield games this season, including four in the Redbacks` fixture against Queensland, which ended in a draw on Friday.
Botha expects South African players to target Lyon throughout the three-Test series, but backed him to find his best form in time for the Test series.
“There is a lot being spoken about him. He is thinking about a lot of things. Hopefully he can just clear it up and have his mind settled before the first Test,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Botha, as saying.
“As a spinner, you obviously have just got a bit of spin - there are no bouncers, there are no yorkers - so you just want to do that over and over,” he added.
“And if you start thinking too much you probably don`t land them where you want to all the time,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured