Botha says ‘information overload’ unsettling Oz spinner Lyon
Sydney: South Africa off spinner Johan Botha has said Australian Test spinner Nathan Lyon is currently suffering from information overload, and must clear his mind before first Test match against the Proteas at Gabba, starting November 9.
Lyon has taken only six wickets in three Sheffield Shield games this season, including four in the Redbacks` fixture against Queensland, which ended in a draw on Friday.
Botha expects South African players to target Lyon throughout the three-Test series, but backed him to find his best form in time for the Test series.
“There is a lot being spoken about him. He is thinking about a lot of things. Hopefully he can just clear it up and have his mind settled before the first Test,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Botha, as saying.
“As a spinner, you obviously have just got a bit of spin - there are no bouncers, there are no yorkers - so you just want to do that over and over,” he added.
“And if you start thinking too much you probably don`t land them where you want to all the time,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble