Botham slams Ramdin for picking public fight with Richards
London: England legend Ian Botham has criticized West Indies stumper Denesh Ramdin for picking a public fight with ex-batting great Sir Viv Richards.
Ramdin took offence at Richards’ comments about him after the Trent Bridge Test and on getting his century, had prepared his own comeback with a note that read: “Yea Viv talk nah.”
And despite trying to play down his emotional argument with Richards, Ramdin was unrepentant and refused to apologise for the outburst, according to reports.
Ian Botham said: “It is not right to criticise someone like that. Viv is the greatest batsmen I have ever seen play the game, and for him to have that kind of thing thrown in his face, is just wrong.”
Ramdin’s response was aimed at the former Windies captain who had said: “Ramdin just looks out of sorts. He has deteriorated in such a big way, he looks totally lost.”
After receiving widespread criticism for the move, the Windies keeper admitted he could have expressed himself a little better.
Ramdin said: “Sir Viv had said something in the press and I think I got a bit emotional and it came out the way it did. Having said that, he’s a legend of the Caribbean and I still look up to him.
“If I see him anywhere I’ll still call him out and have a drink with him. His statement was a bit hurtful. I worked hard and I proved the critics wrong.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Photo alert! Latest pic of Twinkle Khanna with daughter Nitara will surely make you go aww
- Will drag Preeti Menon to court: Maharastra minister Eknath Khadse on 'links' with Dawood
- Handsomeness! Randeep Hooda and Dino Morea party looking debonair-- See pics
- PM Modi calls for protection of environment on 'Mann Ki Baat'
- At least 13 dead in Vietnam bus smash