Boucher likely to retire after England tour
Johannesburg: South Africa could replace their long standing wicket-keeper Mark Boucher with the talented Thami Tsolekile after the tour to England in July and August.
Boucher, 35, has been an iconic figure behind the stumps for the Proteas` since making his Test debut in 1998. Now Cricket South Africa (CSA) is planning to use Boucher in a mentoring or coaching role.
The 31-year-old Tsolekile has played three Tests and 130 matches in a first-class record since 1999. He was given a central contract in February and was also will probably be chosen as Boucher`s understudy for the England tour.
"I`m probably a bit more relaxed than Mark when it comes to aggression. But I always try to play my cricket as hard as I can. If you ask my (Highveld Lions) team-mates, they will tell you how hard I am in the field. That tends to bring out the best in me," Tsolekile was quoted as saying in the South African media.
Proteas team manager Mohammed Moosajee it would be unfair to compare Boucher and Tsolekile`s aggression.
"That would be unfair because everybody`s personality is different," Moosajee said. "But I`ve noticed that Thami can also be quite busy and vociferous behind the stumps. His personality type and his angle on the game is slightly different, but a lot of the time with the experience comes the confidence."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- WATCH: How Lionel Messi missed crucial penalty kick in Copa America final against Chile
- When Varun Dhawan, John Abraham came to Jacqueline Fernandez's rescue—Full story inside
- Congress stalwart Sheila Dikhsit refuses to become CM face for 2017 UP elections
- Modi govt shortlists 4 candidates to succeed Raghuram Rajan as RBI Governor
- Uttar Pradesh Congress cancels iftar programme, no official reason attributed behind cancellation