Boucher`s farewell postponed
Johannesburg: A planned farewell for South Africa wicket-keeper batsman Mark Boucher has been postponed at his request following the death of former Western Province cricketer John Commins.
Boucher`s farewell day was scheduled for the third day of the Test match against New Zealand at Newlands Park in Cape Town tomorrow. But it will now take place during the Test Series between South Africa and Pakistan next month.
"Mark (Boucher) has made the request following the sudden death last night of former Western Province cricketer John Commins who is the father of his agent, Donne Commins," said CSA acting CEO Jacques Faul.
Boucher added: "Donne has been very close to me for most of my career and has been much more to me than a business partner."
"She has been incredibly supportive over the past few months in particular, during which time she has been a tremendous pillar of support."
Boucher suffered a serious eye injury in a freak accident on the field in England in July last year, effectively forcing his early retirement from the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead