Boucher’s ODI ton remains a historic one
New Delhi: Mark Boucher wasn’t in the best of his form of late, but there was a time when the 35-year-old provided a lot of strength to South African lower order.
He was never as brutal as Adam Gilchrist, but the veteran South African has a record which is yet to be broken.
Few months after scoring the winning runs against World No. 1 Australia in ‘that historic match’ where the Kangaroos scored 434 runs, the wicketkeeper batsman once again proved how handy he can be with the bat.
South Africa were playing against Zimbabwe at Sedgars Park, Potchefstroom and openers Loots Bosman and Alviro Petersen got their side to a rollicking start as they added 160 runs for the opening wicket. Unfortunately, neither Bosman (88), nor Petersen (80), could reach the three-figure mark.
Mark Boucher was at his peak in 2006-07 and he came to bat at number four and blasted 100 runs from just 44 balls. Zimbabwe bowlers had a very tough time as Boucher, at his brutal best, smashed them all over the park and remained unbeaten on 147 runs from just 68 balls. He hit 8 boundaries and 10 sixes in his spectacular innings.
South Africa posted a mammoth total of 418 runs and comprehensive won the match by 171 runs. Needless to say, Boucher was declared the Man of the Match. For his stellar role, throughout the series which the Proteas won 5-0, Boucher was also adjudged as the man of the series.
Boucher rushed to his century off just 44 balls. After Afridi’s 37-ball-ton, Boucher’s innings remains to be the second fastest century till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!