Boult praises Indian youngsters for good, patient batting
Hyderabad: New Zealand pacer Trent Boult was ecstatic at getting the prized wicket of Sachin Tendulkar but rued that they could not rein in the Indian youngsters, who steered the hosts to an assuring score on the opening day of the first Test, on Thursday.
India were placed at a comfortable 307 for five with Cheteshwar Pujara scoring an unbeaten 119.
"It was a obviously a huge wicket of Sachin. It is something I will always remember. After all he is one of the best players of world cricket. It was special to get Tendulkar out. It (ball) got in and I was lucky to sneak through his defence. It is a huge honour," Boult said.
Boult was the most successful Kiwi bowler with two wickets at the expense of 63 runs.
Pujara got good support from Virat Kohli (58) as they duo put on a fine 125-run fifth-wicket partnership to help India go past the 300-run lark as the hosts lost experienced campaigners in Gautam Gambhir (22), Virender Sehwag (47) and Sachin Tendulkar (19) early.
Boult said his side should have dominated after dismissing India`s top batsmen early but for some good show by the young Indian batsmen, specially Pujara.
"It was an awesome innings. He (Pujara) is very patient and played well. I think India batted well. They played attacking brand of cricket at the start and we took early wickets of the big guns. The plan was to put pressure on younger players and we had a big opportunity to cash in but we missed the bus there."
The left-arm pacer however said that the game is pretty balanced and they would look to stage a come back tomorrow.
"The first hour tomorrow morning will be a big opportunity to go at the batsmen and get a couple of wickets. The first hour wicket will be a different. It was a very hot day in different conditions. The game is still very balanced."
Talking about the pitch Boult said, "The pitch looked different what we thought it would be, a lot slower. The carry was little variable. I think the bowlers have to be consistent but good enough for the bowlers."
Boult said his pace colleague Doug Bracewell, who suffered a muscle camp today, will back to action tomorrow.
"I guess that happened because of the heat. It was very hot and he went out because of a cramp. He will be back to bowling group tomorrow."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday