Bowlers won the day for Proteas` historic win: Du Plessis
Johannesburg: The Proteas` T20 captain Faf du Plessis has praised his bowlers after South Africa won T20 series in Sri Lanka after being thrashed in the ODI series.
"The biggest improvement for me since the ODI`s has been the clear plans and execution from the bowlers," Du Plessis said.
The Proteas hold an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match T20 International series and are aiming to finish off the challenging tour on a positive on Tuesday.
"We were down and out after we were outplayed in the ODIs," Du Plessis said.
"To come back like this shows huge character and heart, I`m proud of the way the guys have performed in this series so far. Our death bowling in the last two games has been brilliant and we have been effective upfront as well. I`m pleased with the contributions from the bowlers at the moment."
Du Plessis says the dead-rubber on Tuesday will be an opportunity to try new combinations, particularly looking ahead to the ICC World Twenty20 in Bangladesh, which will be in similar conditions.
"There is an option to try out some new combinations in the next match, especially considering that we are eight games away from the World Cup," Du Plessis said.
"We know what the current combinations are capable of, so the series win has given us some space to try out one or two tweaks. The main objective will be to try and give the players who haven`t had any game time an opportunity," he added.
"We know what we are getting from certain individuals and the experience of playing in these tough conditions will be invaluable going forward for every player in our squad."
Conceding that the Proteas were not "firing at our potential", Du Plessis said there was always room for improvement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’