Bowling tips from Abdul Qadir will be helpful, says Afridi
Karachi: Dropped from Pakistan`s Champions Trophy squad, former skipper Shahid Afridi on Thursday said that he is "working hard" on his bowling with legendary leg-spinner Abdul Qadir in a bid to regain his position in the national team.
"Although Qadir and I are different type of bowlers but his tips were valuable and I am now working hard to get that drift back into my bowling," Afridi said.
"Before Pakistan`s next international assignment I will focus hard again on my bowling and try to get back to my best form," he said.
Afridi also revealed that a problem in his knee had also affected his bowling.
"The problem I have faced is I am not getting proper drift in my bowling and also had a nagging knee problem. But it is now worked out," he said.
The allrounder said that when a player out of form people tended to notice even the smallest things in his action.
"But when you are in form and taking wickets people don`t notice even if you are doing something wrong in your bowling. But I am not disheartened and I am working on my bowling," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- One dead, three injured in building collapse in old Delhi
- Prince 'diagnosed with AIDS' months before his death?
- Seer Trikal Bhavanta, who threatened to take 'samadhi' during Simhastha Kumbh, arrested
- VIDEO: That's huge! Watch 11 biggest sixes in Indian Premier League history ever
- Uttarakhand political crisis: BJP offered Rs 50 crore, party tickets and RS seats to Congress MLAs?