Boy killed for poking fun during cricket match
Lucknow: In a bizarre incident, a 14-year-old boy was beaten to death by cricketers during a game Sunday at Lakhimpur Kheri, police said. The boy, a spectator of the game, was beaten for poking fun at a fielder who missed a catch.
The match was played at Shuklapur, Lakhimpur Kheri, about 130 km from here. The deceased boy, Simran, had clapped in derision after a fielder missed a catch.
The boy`s father, Raziullah, a mason, lodged an FIR with the local police that two boys from the neighbourhood, Anas and Yaseer, players in the match, had beaten his son with sticks and iron rods. According to the complaint lodged by his father, Simran had lost consciousness after being beaten, and was rushed to CHC medical facility by other spectators. He was declared dead at the hospital.
Saumitra Yadav, additional superintendent of police (ASP) Lakhimpur Kheri said that the boy was apparently killed during the cricket match. "We are collecting accounts of witnesses, and will arrest the guilty soon," Yadav said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India