Boycott slams England batsmen for dismal Ashes collapse
Johannesburg: England great Geoffrey Boycott has slammed his country`s current crop of batsmen after yet another dismal collapse against Australia, according to reports.
According to Sport24, Boycott has been shocked by England`s lacklustre efforts with the bat in the latest Ashes series and the former opener launched a scathing attack on Alastair Cook`s team after the third day of the second Test in Adelaide.
Fresh from their struggles during the first Test in Brisbane, where they were twice dismissed for less than 200, England lost four wickets for six runs as they were all out for 172, the report said.
Several England batsmen were guilty of giving their wicket away too easily and Boycott believes they have taken an overly aggressive limited-overs mindset into the Test arena, the report added
Kevin Pietersen and Joe Root were singled out for criticism from Boycott for handing the initiative to Australia, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you