Boycott slams England batsmen for dismal Ashes collapse
Johannesburg: England great Geoffrey Boycott has slammed his country`s current crop of batsmen after yet another dismal collapse against Australia, according to reports.
According to Sport24, Boycott has been shocked by England`s lacklustre efforts with the bat in the latest Ashes series and the former opener launched a scathing attack on Alastair Cook`s team after the third day of the second Test in Adelaide.
Fresh from their struggles during the first Test in Brisbane, where they were twice dismissed for less than 200, England lost four wickets for six runs as they were all out for 172, the report said.
Several England batsmen were guilty of giving their wicket away too easily and Boycott believes they have taken an overly aggressive limited-overs mindset into the Test arena, the report added
Kevin Pietersen and Joe Root were singled out for criticism from Boycott for handing the initiative to Australia, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic