Boycott slams England batsmen for dismal Ashes collapse
Johannesburg: England great Geoffrey Boycott has slammed his country`s current crop of batsmen after yet another dismal collapse against Australia, according to reports.
According to Sport24, Boycott has been shocked by England`s lacklustre efforts with the bat in the latest Ashes series and the former opener launched a scathing attack on Alastair Cook`s team after the third day of the second Test in Adelaide.
Fresh from their struggles during the first Test in Brisbane, where they were twice dismissed for less than 200, England lost four wickets for six runs as they were all out for 172, the report said.
Several England batsmen were guilty of giving their wicket away too easily and Boycott believes they have taken an overly aggressive limited-overs mindset into the Test arena, the report added
Kevin Pietersen and Joe Root were singled out for criticism from Boycott for handing the initiative to Australia, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks