BPL organisers assure payment of dues to foreign players
Dhaka: After much delay, the foreign players who participated in the Bangladesh Premier League will get their unpaid dues in the next couple of days, the organisers have assured.
Bangladesh Premier League secretary Sirajuddin Mohammad Alamgir said the franchises have sent a letter to BPL assuring that "within the next two days the USD 235,000 (approx) in unpaid wages will be settled."
"BCB, as the guarantor, will complete the payment of the dues shortly," the Bangladesh Cricket Board said in a release.
BPL Governing Council has met twice in four days to discuss the issue after the Federation of International Cricketers Association CEO Tim May threatened to take legal action.
"They gave us in writing that the money will be paid within the next day or two," Alamgir said after the meeting, `ESPNCricinfo` reported.
"We understand that the franchises were new to this (being part of a league). And they have got into a lot of trouble regarding paying these players because of various issues, but they have committed that nobody will go unpaid," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16