Bradhaw frontrunner for CA team performance chief`s post
Melbourne: Outgoing Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) secretary Keith Bradshaw has emerged as the frontrunner to take over as Cricket Australia`s (CA) first general manager for team performance.
Bradshaw, an Australian, has been at the helm at Lord`s since 2006 but will be returning home next month for family reasons.
"I`m aware of the role and it looks like a job with great challenges, but at the moment I`m just taking a deep breath and considering my options," Bradshaw was quoted as saying by a leading daily.
The daily reported that CA chief executive James Sutherland is likely to meet Bradshaw in London on the sidelines of International Cricket Council (ICC) meetings.
Sutherland last week said that CA was on track to appoint a general manager of team performance, before the national squad departs for South Africa next month.
The general manager will then help to decide on a full-time national selector and head coach.
Australian women`s captain Belinda Clark, Cricket Victoria chief executive Tony Dodemaide have been linked with the job as well. Former Adelaide coach Neil Craig, a high performance specialist, has reportedly ruled himself out.
Bradshaw played first-class cricket for Tasmania and has knowledge of the system that helped England to the top of Test-playing nations. He has also served on the administrative board of the England and Wales Cricket Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly