Bradhaw frontrunner for CA team performance chief`s post
Melbourne: Outgoing Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) secretary Keith Bradshaw has emerged as the frontrunner to take over as Cricket Australia`s (CA) first general manager for team performance.
Bradshaw, an Australian, has been at the helm at Lord`s since 2006 but will be returning home next month for family reasons.
"I`m aware of the role and it looks like a job with great challenges, but at the moment I`m just taking a deep breath and considering my options," Bradshaw was quoted as saying by a leading daily.
The daily reported that CA chief executive James Sutherland is likely to meet Bradshaw in London on the sidelines of International Cricket Council (ICC) meetings.
Sutherland last week said that CA was on track to appoint a general manager of team performance, before the national squad departs for South Africa next month.
The general manager will then help to decide on a full-time national selector and head coach.
Australian women`s captain Belinda Clark, Cricket Victoria chief executive Tony Dodemaide have been linked with the job as well. Former Adelaide coach Neil Craig, a high performance specialist, has reportedly ruled himself out.
Bradshaw played first-class cricket for Tasmania and has knowledge of the system that helped England to the top of Test-playing nations. He has also served on the administrative board of the England and Wales Cricket Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened