Bradhaw frontrunner for CA team performance chief`s post
Melbourne: Outgoing Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) secretary Keith Bradshaw has emerged as the frontrunner to take over as Cricket Australia`s (CA) first general manager for team performance.
Bradshaw, an Australian, has been at the helm at Lord`s since 2006 but will be returning home next month for family reasons.
"I`m aware of the role and it looks like a job with great challenges, but at the moment I`m just taking a deep breath and considering my options," Bradshaw was quoted as saying by a leading daily.
The daily reported that CA chief executive James Sutherland is likely to meet Bradshaw in London on the sidelines of International Cricket Council (ICC) meetings.
Sutherland last week said that CA was on track to appoint a general manager of team performance, before the national squad departs for South Africa next month.
The general manager will then help to decide on a full-time national selector and head coach.
Australian women`s captain Belinda Clark, Cricket Victoria chief executive Tony Dodemaide have been linked with the job as well. Former Adelaide coach Neil Craig, a high performance specialist, has reportedly ruled himself out.
Bradshaw played first-class cricket for Tasmania and has knowledge of the system that helped England to the top of Test-playing nations. He has also served on the administrative board of the England and Wales Cricket Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Pakistan booked Baloch nationalists as it failed to buy them, says defence expert
- Tokyo prepares for 2020 Olympics, facing rising costs and new sports
- In Pakistan's interest to take action against terrorists: Pentagon
- REVEALED: 'Be progressive, not obstructionist' - Here's why Supreme Court slammed Arvind Kejriwal government
- Prakash Javadekar rewrites history! Watch video to know what he said about Netaji, Nehru and Patel