New Delhi: Many Indian crickets fans might have heard of Brainder Sran for the first time on Sunday when national selectors announced the team for the upcoming Australian tour.
There is no denying that Sran has played very little cricket in the domestic circuit so far.
However, the youngster has managed to impress the likes of Rahul Dravid who believes the talented pacer is one for the future.
With solid performances of late, the Haryana lad is now being looked as a potential solution to India's problems in the bowling department.
Here are seven interesting facts you should know about this little known bowling sensation.
1) Initially, Sran wanted to become a boxer. He also trained at the Bhiwani Boxing Club.
2) In the ongoing Vijay Hazare Trophy, the left-arm pacer has picked up 14 wickets in six matches.
3) In 11 first class matches, the 23-year-old has bagged 32 wickets at an average of 34.06
4) In seven List A matches, Brainder has taken 15 wickets at 26.73 with an economy of 6.31.
5) In the 2015-16 Ranji Trophy season, Sran was Punjab's second highest wicket taker with 18 scalps.
6) Brainder was bought by Rajasthan Royals for a base price of Rs 10 lakh.
7) In the only IPL match he played, Sran conceded 35 runs in three overs against Kolkata Knight Riders