Brand Dhoni downhill, 5 companies end endorsement deals
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Following the humiliation against England in the recently concluded Test series, Dhoni’s brand value suffered a major jolt after five companies ended their endorsement deals with the Indian cricket captain.
As per a report published in The Economic Times, only 22 advertisers used Dhoni’s commercials during the period of January to November earlier this year, reducing from 27 in 2011.
Adding to Dhoni's woes, the number of brands endorsed by him too have declined from 43 to 28.
The report by the newspaper further cites industry experts as saying that ‘Captain Cool’ might see his brand value dip by 30 % if he loses his captaincy after India`s recent series defeat to England.
Notably Dhoni has been criticized for his poor captaincy since 2011 where India lost two away series. Cricket experts now want in-form Virat Kohli to lead the Indian team. The series loss against England on home turf has only further fanned the flames of criticism for Dhoni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed