Bravo injures knee, to undergo scan on Friday
New Delhi: West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo on Thursday suffered a knee injury while bowling during his side’s World Cup opener against South Africa here and he will undergo a scan on Friday.
Bravo slipped on his follow through when he went across the pitch trying to stop the ball after South African captain Graeme Smith punched it towards mid on in the 14th over.
He fell clutching his left knee and seemed to have twisted his knee while landing clumsily after bowling just 2.1 overs.
Bravo was taken off from the field and Kieron Pollard completed the over.
West Indies media manager Philip Spooner said Bravo will undergo a scan on Friday and the seriousness of his injury will be known only after that.
“He will take no further part in tonight’s game and on Friday we will take him for a scan. The nature and seriousness of his injury will be known only after that,” Spooner said.
27-year-old Bravo scored a 37-ball 40 in the West Indies total of 222 after being put into bat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Delhi HC puts on hold JNU action against Umar, Anirban
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 2: GL vs SRH – 5 facts you must know ahead of virtual semi-final
- China to send lunar probe 'Chang'e 5' on moon!
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared on May 30. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- Barack Obama arrives at Hiroshima atomic bomb park