Bravo injures knee, to undergo scan on Friday
New Delhi: West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo on Thursday suffered a knee injury while bowling during his side’s World Cup opener against South Africa here and he will undergo a scan on Friday.
Bravo slipped on his follow through when he went across the pitch trying to stop the ball after South African captain Graeme Smith punched it towards mid on in the 14th over.
He fell clutching his left knee and seemed to have twisted his knee while landing clumsily after bowling just 2.1 overs.
Bravo was taken off from the field and Kieron Pollard completed the over.
West Indies media manager Philip Spooner said Bravo will undergo a scan on Friday and the seriousness of his injury will be known only after that.
“He will take no further part in tonight’s game and on Friday we will take him for a scan. The nature and seriousness of his injury will be known only after that,” Spooner said.
27-year-old Bravo scored a 37-ball 40 in the West Indies total of 222 after being put into bat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch