Bravo looks for win against Pakistan
St.John`s (Antigua): West Indies captain Dwayne Bravo is confident his team will make a winning start to their five-match One-Day International Series against Pakistan when the two teams meet in the opening match at the Guyana National Stadium on Sunday.
The match will mark a return of international cricket in Guyana after a two-year absence and a huge crowd is expected, with over 85 percent of the tickets already sold, reports CMC.
Bravo said he expected the crowd support to play a key role in any Windies victory.
“We get some amazing support from the fans here in Guyana and we expect similar support and a large turn-out for the matches. The fans can expect some excitement and big heart,” Bravo said.
“We are going to rebound from our disappointed end to a very good Series (CELKON Mobile Cup) which started in Jamaica. We regrouped, had a couple of days off and now look forward to this series against Pakistan.”
The last time the two teams met was last month in the ICC Champions Trophy in England when the West Indies emerged with a two-wicket victory in a close contest at the Oval.
Bravo said that result was still fresh for the side and backed his team-mates to deliver again.
“The last time we met them we got a victory and that will be in the forefront of our minds. We know that we played well against them and we believe we can repeat that result. We know it won’t be easy, as they have a very good team, but we are confident we can start this series with a win,” Bravo noted.
“We have players in our team who have done some great things for the West Indies in the past and people must not forget that … I am looking forward to the guys who have not done well in the last series, to come forward and do well.”
West Indies Squad:
Dwayne Bravo (captain), Tino Best, Darren Bravo, Johnson Charles, Chris Gayle, Jason Holder, Sunil Narine, Kieron Pollard, Kemar Roach, Darren Sammy, Marlon Samuels, Lendl Simmons, Devon Smith.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another