Bravo looks for win against Pakistan
St.John`s (Antigua): West Indies captain Dwayne Bravo is confident his team will make a winning start to their five-match One-Day International Series against Pakistan when the two teams meet in the opening match at the Guyana National Stadium on Sunday.
The match will mark a return of international cricket in Guyana after a two-year absence and a huge crowd is expected, with over 85 percent of the tickets already sold, reports CMC.
Bravo said he expected the crowd support to play a key role in any Windies victory.
“We get some amazing support from the fans here in Guyana and we expect similar support and a large turn-out for the matches. The fans can expect some excitement and big heart,” Bravo said.
“We are going to rebound from our disappointed end to a very good Series (CELKON Mobile Cup) which started in Jamaica. We regrouped, had a couple of days off and now look forward to this series against Pakistan.”
The last time the two teams met was last month in the ICC Champions Trophy in England when the West Indies emerged with a two-wicket victory in a close contest at the Oval.
Bravo said that result was still fresh for the side and backed his team-mates to deliver again.
“The last time we met them we got a victory and that will be in the forefront of our minds. We know that we played well against them and we believe we can repeat that result. We know it won’t be easy, as they have a very good team, but we are confident we can start this series with a win,” Bravo noted.
“We have players in our team who have done some great things for the West Indies in the past and people must not forget that … I am looking forward to the guys who have not done well in the last series, to come forward and do well.”
West Indies Squad:
Dwayne Bravo (captain), Tino Best, Darren Bravo, Johnson Charles, Chris Gayle, Jason Holder, Sunil Narine, Kieron Pollard, Kemar Roach, Darren Sammy, Marlon Samuels, Lendl Simmons, Devon Smith.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you