Bravo will be target of rival teams from now on: Lara
New Delhi: Batting great Brian Lara has said that talented Darren Bravo will have to play with more maturity from now since he will be the main target of rival teams due to his sheer batting talent.
Bravo, whose style of batting is being compared to Lara , has scored three centuries in his last four Tests - one in Bangladesh and two in India.
"Bravo seems to go from strength to strength. It took a bit of time before he got his first hundred, but now he`s had a taste of it and he`s going to carry on.
"He`s got to understand now that a lot of the opposition will start looking at him - the Australians, the English - because he`s now a recognised player, and he will come under a bit of pressure. Hopefully, he has the maturity to come out of it," Lara was quoted as saying by a website.
Bravo`s 136 against India at Eden Gardens in the second Test gave him the same run aggregate and average as Lara had after 12 Tests (941 runs at 47.05).
Lara, who is the fifth-highest scorer in Tests, said Bravo would be "one of the great players."
Talking about the ongoing series against India, Lara said the young players have done a great job so far despite conceding the three-Test rubber 0-2.
"We haven`t won any Test matches in India but I still believe that the young players have done a great job. (Kraigg) Brathwaite, (Adrian) Barath, (Kirk) Edwards and Bravo, of course, they don`t even have 50 Test matches between them but they all look very good," said Lara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?