New Delhi: Under his captaincy, New Zealand went extremely close to winning their first ICC World Cup title in 2015. As one of cricket's finest entertainers has announced his decision to retire from international cricket, here are ten facts you must know about him:
1) Playing for Kolkata Knight Riders, McCullum set the first match of Indian Premier League (IPL) on fire as he smashed unbeaten 158 runs – which is also the second-highest score in Twenty20 cricket across the world.
2) With 6311 runs, Brendon McCullum is at third position in list of highest number of runs scored in T20s. The only two batsmen who have scored more runs than him are Chris Gayle (8386) and Brad Hodge (6731).
3) The swashbuckling right-hander is the only player with two international hundreds in Twenty20 cricket.
4) McCullum was named captain of Black Caps in all formats at the start of 2013, where he took over from Ross Taylor.
5) In ODIs, New Zealand have won 30 out of 55 games under McCullum’s captaincy, which is superior to all his predecessors. Under his leadership, the Kiwis also reached their maiden World Cup final.
6) In Tests, Baz guided New Zealand to 11 victories and nine draws in 29 fixtures.
7) New Zealand have remained unbeaten in 13 tests at home under McCullum.
8) McCullum became the first Kiwi batsman to slam a triple ton, and has made more double centuries (four) than any of his countrymen.
9) Even though he is mostly remembered for his blitzkrieg knocks, McCullum dismissed Pakistan's Sarfraz Ahmed caught and bowled last year which was his only international wicket.
10) McCullum has scored 5,909 runs in 254 one-day internationals with five tons and 31 fifties.