Bresnan gets team call up ahead of 1st ODI
London: Tim Bresnan has been added to the England side ahead of the one day series against Sri Lanka at home.
Bresnan got the team call up after he was declared fit having recovered from a calf injury.
Bresnan will join the squad at The Oval ahead of the first ODI on Tuesday and is available immediately having responded to treatment on the injury that kept him out of the three-match Test series.
Bresnan’s presence will strengthen England`s bowling options, after they under performed in Bristol, slumping to a nine-wicket defeat.
He has played two Twenty20 matches for Yorkshire in the last week proving his fitness.
Alastair Cook begins his reign as one-day captain today, the side`s third skipper in as many matches following Test leader Andrew Strauss and new Twenty20 man Stuart Broad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends