Bresnan gets team call up ahead of 1st ODI
London: Tim Bresnan has been added to the England side ahead of the one day series against Sri Lanka at home.
Bresnan got the team call up after he was declared fit having recovered from a calf injury.
Bresnan will join the squad at The Oval ahead of the first ODI on Tuesday and is available immediately having responded to treatment on the injury that kept him out of the three-match Test series.
Bresnan’s presence will strengthen England`s bowling options, after they under performed in Bristol, slumping to a nine-wicket defeat.
He has played two Twenty20 matches for Yorkshire in the last week proving his fitness.
Alastair Cook begins his reign as one-day captain today, the side`s third skipper in as many matches following Test leader Andrew Strauss and new Twenty20 man Stuart Broad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report