Bresnan gets team call up ahead of 1st ODI
London: Tim Bresnan has been added to the England side ahead of the one day series against Sri Lanka at home.
Bresnan got the team call up after he was declared fit having recovered from a calf injury.
Bresnan will join the squad at The Oval ahead of the first ODI on Tuesday and is available immediately having responded to treatment on the injury that kept him out of the three-match Test series.
Bresnan’s presence will strengthen England`s bowling options, after they under performed in Bristol, slumping to a nine-wicket defeat.
He has played two Twenty20 matches for Yorkshire in the last week proving his fitness.
Alastair Cook begins his reign as one-day captain today, the side`s third skipper in as many matches following Test leader Andrew Strauss and new Twenty20 man Stuart Broad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers