Bresnan, Kieswetter left out of England’s limited overs squad for NZ series
London: Selectors have named the England squads for their one-day, Test and Twenty20 series against New Zealand with injured Tim Bresnan and out of form wicket keeper Craig Kieswetter noteworthy names to miss the touring party. Bresnan has been ruled out of the series with an elbow injury and Warwickshire’s seamer Chris Woakes would replace him in the team.
Bresnan will return to England after Sunday’s final one-day international here to seek further medical advice on the right elbow upon which he had surgery last year. National selector Geoff Miller said England have got a massive summer coming up and the team need as many players as possible to be ready for that, so this is the opportunity to make sure that Bresnan is ready at 100 per cent as opposed to 90 per cent. Also missing from the Test squad that toured India before Christmas are Eoin Morgan and Samit Patel, as well as James Tredwell, who was called up later in the tour.
Out of form Kieswetter, dropped on Wednesday for the fourth ODI in Mohali, had been withdrawn from the ODI tour of New Zealand, having originally been selected. Miller said Kieswetter needs to perform consistently at the international stage, which he clearly hasn’t been doing, adding as they look forward to the ICC Champions Trophy and ICC Cricket World Cup in 2015 they will look to explore other options. Jos Buttler kept wicket on Wednesday and will do so again on Sunday, but he looks likely to find himself as deputy to Jonny Bairstow in New Zealand, the paper reported. James Harris, the diligent Welsh seamer who has joined Middlesex over the winter, is also added to the ODI squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official