Bresnan, Swann return to England squad from injury for Lord`s Test
London: English bowlers Graeme Swann and Tim Bresnan have returned to the 12-man squad from injury for the first Test against New Zealand at Lord`s.
Off-spinner Swann and Bresnan had both missed the 0-0 draw in New Zealand in the winter with elbow problems that required surgery.
The report further said that the squad also includes Joe Root and Jonny Bairstow, although star batsman Kevin Pietersen has been sidelined from the Test series by knee trouble.
According to national selector Geoff Miller, both Swann and Bresnan have worked hard to regain fitness following their elbow surgeries and have demonstrated through their performances for their counties that they are ready for the challenge of international cricket
Swann, who has never played a Test against New Zealand, will be replacing Monty Panesar, who had taken five wickets in the current tour match with the Kiwis at a cost of 70 runs apiece.
According to the report, Bresnan, who has 57 wickets in 18 Tests, has had two elbow operations but has taken 13 wickets in three Championship matches for county side Yorkshire this term.
Root made 73 on his debut in India last December and played in all three Tests in New Zealand, with a top score of 45 in the final match.
England squad: Alastair Cook (Captain), James Anderson, Jonny Bairstow, Ian Bell, Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Nick Compton, Steven Finn, Matt Prior, Root, Swann and Jonathan Trott.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery