Brett Lee `excited` at prospect of `lethal` Test pairing of Cummins, Johnson
Sydney: Former Australian Test speedster Brett Lee has expressed his excitement at thought of pairing the recovering Pat Cummins with the fiery Mitchell Johnson to unleash a frightening pace attack, with the duo capable of cracking 150km/h.
Cummins is deep in his rehabilitation from his latest setback, a recurrence of a lower back injury, and is expected to be back bowling at full pace by the end of the winter, and he is hopeful of playing some part in the Big Bash League with the Perth Scorchers, despite being ruled out for the start of the tournament.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, if all goes well, the tearaway fast bowler could be pushing for a Test recall in the next 12 months and Lee is delighted at the scenario of him unleashing his fire on unsuspecting opponents in a tough combination with Johnson.
Stating that Cummins can change the game as he can bowl 150 km/h and also swing the ball in both the ways, Lee, who is playing with BBL side Sydney Sixers, also said that a partnership of Cummins and Johnson would be very lethal.
Cummins has been plagued by back and foot problems since making his Test debut in South Africa in 2011, although Lee has no concerns about Cummins` long-term future, saying that stress fractures are part and parcel of being a fast bowler, and adding that Cummins has not finished growing yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside
- Battles in Libya's Sirte kill 34 fighters, injure over 180