Brett Lee more than happy to mentor Blake in art of fast bowling
Melbourne: Australian pacer Brett Lee has said he will be more than happy to mentor Jamaican sprint star Yohan Blake in the art of fast bowling if he joins him at the Sydney Sixers for the Big Bash Twenty20 competition.
Blake is hopeful of getting a start in the Australia’s Big Bash League with the Sydney Sixers, and would love to face Lee in the nets.
Blake is the target of an audacious approach after revealing he would like to play cricket, while it can also be revealed that Lee attempted to lure Usain Bolt before Shane Warne made an approach to the world’s fastest man.
“I’m happy to mentor Yohan in fast bowling, as long as he teaches me how to run 100 metres in 10 seconds,” said Lee, the son of a sprinter.
“He is one of the greatest sportsmen in the world and he`d bring colour and international exposure to the Big Bash League, it`d be fantastic,” he said.
Lee had originally attempted to lure Bolt to Sydney when on August 11 he sent him the following tweet: “@usainbolt Mate I have a spot for you at the @SixersBBL. Bolt & Lee to open the attack! Well done mate on all your success #coolrunnings.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family