Brett Lee, Narine to play for Sydney Sixers in Big Bash
Melbourne: Sydney Sixers have signed up veteran pacer Brett Lee and exciting West Indian off-spinner Sunil Narine to join the Big Bash League champions.
Lee retired from international cricket last week, but the experienced pacer will play a huge role in helping Sydney Sixers clinch back-to-back titles.
Narine, 24, is expected to make just as big an impression among Sixers fans, especially after starring in the IPL this year and taking his first five-wicket haul in a one-day international against New Zealand during this week, news.com.au reports.
The Sixers` double signing came as Cricket Australia announced the T20 international against Sri Lanka at ANZ Stadium would be played on Australia Day.
For the first time in 15 years, Sydney will host the public holiday match-up, pinching the precious date from Adelaide.
Stadium officials are determined to be regarded as a legitimate international cricket venue, even vying for the 2015 one-day World Cup final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert