Brett Lee offers to help Pat Cummins in ‘cleaning up action’
Sydney: Australian cricket legend Brett Lee has offered help to Pat Cummins to ``clean up`` his action in a bid to prevent the injuries that have been frustrating his burgeoning career for a long time now.
Cummins, who last played in his Test debut against South Africa last November, will miss his second consecutive summer of cricket after scans revealed that he had suffered a bone stress fracture in his lower back during the Sydney Sixers` recent T20 Champions League triumph.
Lee, who has endured similar injury battles when he was of Cummins`s age, said he would love to share the insights of the great Dennis Lillee, whose own career was affected by stress fractures and offered him help years ago when he had observed Lee in the nets.
``I`m not saying in any way, shape or form that Pat needs to change his action. But there are some things I reckon I could help him with [such as how] to clean his action up to make it a little bit easier on his back,” a leading Australian daily quoted Lee, as saying.
“The one thing you don`t want as a fast bowler is hyper-extension and counter-rotation (like) he has (and) as I did when I was at the same age … I had that same set-up where there was a lot of twisting and turning in my action, which is where you get your pace from, but it does come at a cost,” he added.
Lee said the injury was a ‘real blow’ for Cummins, and is looking forward for the teenager to come back to cricket soon.
``This is a real blow. He`s a great fellow and I just want to see him out on the field and playing,” Lee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence
- IIFA 2016: Priyanka Chopra wins 'Woman of the Year' award, expresses her joy on Twitter! - View pic
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court
- Hot, humid Sunday morning in Delhi