Brett Lee says love for cricket in India is `over the top`
Sydney: Brett Lee, who is a popular figure in India, spearheaded the Kolkata Knight Riders’ pace attack during their triumphant Indian Premier League (IPL) campaign.
Lee said he was elated to win the IPL, and was amazed by the amount of support they received from fans.
“It was massive. When we got back to the hotel, there were thousands of people all lined up in the Knight Riders t-shirts, and we played in Chennai,” News.com.au quoted Lee, as saying.
“It’s what you would expect, multiplied by a thousand given how much they love cricket over there. It’s over the top,” he added.
Lee said he would be proud if he becomes Australia’s leading wicket taker in one day internationals, trailing Glenn McGrath’s 381 by just five wickets.
“I don’t play cricket for the stats, but it was in the news every second day that it was coming up. If and when it does happen, I’ll be the proudest guy in the world. That will be my proudest moment personally,” Lee said.
“I always put my opportunities with the team first, to win the World Cup or raise the Ashes, but personally it’s a bit weird thinking about that milestone coming up,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video