Brett Lee says love for cricket in India is `over the top`
Sydney: Brett Lee, who is a popular figure in India, spearheaded the Kolkata Knight Riders’ pace attack during their triumphant Indian Premier League (IPL) campaign.
Lee said he was elated to win the IPL, and was amazed by the amount of support they received from fans.
“It was massive. When we got back to the hotel, there were thousands of people all lined up in the Knight Riders t-shirts, and we played in Chennai,” News.com.au quoted Lee, as saying.
“It’s what you would expect, multiplied by a thousand given how much they love cricket over there. It’s over the top,” he added.
Lee said he would be proud if he becomes Australia’s leading wicket taker in one day internationals, trailing Glenn McGrath’s 381 by just five wickets.
“I don’t play cricket for the stats, but it was in the news every second day that it was coming up. If and when it does happen, I’ll be the proudest guy in the world. That will be my proudest moment personally,” Lee said.
“I always put my opportunities with the team first, to win the World Cup or raise the Ashes, but personally it’s a bit weird thinking about that milestone coming up,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015