Broad calls on England players to back new captain Cook in ‘last frontier’ India series
London: Stuart Broad has said it is important for England’s players to back new Test captain Alastair Cook.
Cook, who replaced Andrew Strauss, will lead England in four Tests and five one-day internationals in India starting next month.
Broad said: “It’s crucial players get behind Alastair and get him off on the right foot.
“Alastair has done really well with the one-day side. I’m sure he’ll embrace Strauss’ leadership style and add his own style.”
Twenty20 skipper Broad also hinted at his interest in the vice-captaincy of the team, the Sun reports.
He said: “It’s an important role. I enjoyed being captain at the World Twenty20.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song