Broad calls on England players to back new captain Cook in ‘last frontier’ India series
London: Stuart Broad has said it is important for England’s players to back new Test captain Alastair Cook.
Cook, who replaced Andrew Strauss, will lead England in four Tests and five one-day internationals in India starting next month.
Broad said: “It’s crucial players get behind Alastair and get him off on the right foot.
“Alastair has done really well with the one-day side. I’m sure he’ll embrace Strauss’ leadership style and add his own style.”
Twenty20 skipper Broad also hinted at his interest in the vice-captaincy of the team, the Sun reports.
He said: “It’s an important role. I enjoyed being captain at the World Twenty20.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'