Broad, Prior "no weak hearts" when it comes to daredevil "canyon swings"!
London: English cricketers Stuart Broad and Matt Prior have entered into the spirit of adventure as they leapt off a platform more than 100 metres above a river ahead of their warm-up match before the three-Test series against a New Zealand XI in Queenstown.
The English duo harnessed up for a jump called a canyon swing, which throws participants in a huge arc across a gorge, and they were reportedly exhilarated by their antics, the Sun reports.
Wicketkeeper Prior had tweeted, ‘Well that was amazing! Never thought I’d do a handstand off a platform into a canyon!’, the report said.
However, the team’s medical staff has said that such acts may strain players’ backs as they decelerate with elastic around their ankles, risking their career.
England’s cricketers were banned from doing bungees in Queenstown, where the world’s first commercial jump was established in 1988, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam