Broad, Prior "no weak hearts" when it comes to daredevil "canyon swings"!
London: English cricketers Stuart Broad and Matt Prior have entered into the spirit of adventure as they leapt off a platform more than 100 metres above a river ahead of their warm-up match before the three-Test series against a New Zealand XI in Queenstown.
The English duo harnessed up for a jump called a canyon swing, which throws participants in a huge arc across a gorge, and they were reportedly exhilarated by their antics, the Sun reports.
Wicketkeeper Prior had tweeted, ‘Well that was amazing! Never thought I’d do a handstand off a platform into a canyon!’, the report said.
However, the team’s medical staff has said that such acts may strain players’ backs as they decelerate with elastic around their ankles, risking their career.
England’s cricketers were banned from doing bungees in Queenstown, where the world’s first commercial jump was established in 1988, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city