Broad, Prior "no weak hearts" when it comes to daredevil "canyon swings"!
London: English cricketers Stuart Broad and Matt Prior have entered into the spirit of adventure as they leapt off a platform more than 100 metres above a river ahead of their warm-up match before the three-Test series against a New Zealand XI in Queenstown.
The English duo harnessed up for a jump called a canyon swing, which throws participants in a huge arc across a gorge, and they were reportedly exhilarated by their antics, the Sun reports.
Wicketkeeper Prior had tweeted, ‘Well that was amazing! Never thought I’d do a handstand off a platform into a canyon!’, the report said.
However, the team’s medical staff has said that such acts may strain players’ backs as they decelerate with elastic around their ankles, risking their career.
England’s cricketers were banned from doing bungees in Queenstown, where the world’s first commercial jump was established in 1988, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Twenty five militants killed in eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"
- Minister, 15 others killed in Somalia hotel attack
- Congress stages dharnas demanding resignation of 21 AAP MLAs
- ISIS suspect first to turn informer for British spies: Report