Broad to miss ODI series against Sri Lanka due to knee problem
Johannesburg: England bowler Stuart Broad has announced that he would miss England`s forthcoming ODI series against Sri Lanka due to a knee problem, although he hoped to return in time for the subsequent Test campaign.
A niggling knee injury has delayed the seam-bowling all-rounder`s start to the season, although Broad is eyeing a return to first-class cricket with Nottinghamshire in their four-day County Championship match with Durham starting on May 25
According to Sport24, Broad, who is hoping to be fit in time for the first of a two-Test series against Sri Lanka at Lord`s on June 12, said that as he had gone for a month without bowling, it is necessary to build up gradually to be 100 percent ready.
Broad further said that although he would not be able to play in the one-day series, he is aiming to return for the seven back-to-back Test matches, two against Sri Lanka followed by five at home to India, adding that he is hoping to prove his fitness for the Tests as he is due to play the Championship game for Nottinghamshire on May 25 against Durham.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray