Buchanan not to get `large` payout from NZC after `sacking`
Wellington: Former Australian coach John Buchanan will reportedly not get a large payout from New Zealand Cricket (NZC), which was revealed as one of the issues raised during mediation last week.
According to Stuff.co.nz, the controversial Buchanan was contracted until 2015, but he was handed a dignified exit last week, on the condition NZC paid out only a small portion of his 300,000 dollars-plus yearly salary.
Stating that NZC is understood to be quietly content with the agreement, the report said that confidentiality clauses have prevented both parties from commenting publicly on the subject, adding that NZC chief executive David White had held firm to the `family reasons` spin around the Director of Cricket`s sudden departure.
The report further said that NZC`s concerns over the failure of the high performance programme, which Buchanan was solely responsible for, and personality clashes with former coach John Wright and current coach Mike Hesson, were enough to force Buchanan out.
Stating that Buchanan`s close confidant, national selector Kim Littlejohn, was also shown the door, the report added that former New Zealand opening batsman Bruce Edgar is interested in the selector`s role and shapes as the early favourite to replace Littlejohn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Rahul Gandhi visits ailing Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS
- Anybody can play Sangeeta Bijlani's role but not Naureen's: Prachi Desai
- Coal scam: Rungtas move HC against conviction, CBI reply sought
- Riteish Deshmukh has a new name for Tiger Shroff
- WATCH: Urvashi Rautela's sizzling dance with Dwayne Bravo at a party!